Born in Rosemère, Quebec, he finished his graduate studies in Nova Scotia at St Francis Xavier University, where he obtained a Bachelor of Science in 1986 and of Arts in 1987.
He studied medicine at McGill University between 1987 and 1991, and then did his orthopedic surgery residency in the University of Montreal's Édouard Samson orthopaedic surgery program. Dr. Berry then completed his Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Fellowship in 1997.
Dr. Berry currently works at the Montreal General Hospital, where he is an associate professor at McGill University's Faculty of Medicine. He was site director for his hospital's operating services from 2010 to 2014 . He is interested in teaching orthopaedic surgery, with participation at the provincial, national and international level. He is also site director for his hospital's operating services. He is interested in teaching orthopaedic surgery, with participation at the provincial, national and international level.
His clinical activities focus on the complex problems of the foot and ankle, as well as pelvic and periarticular fractures.
Head of orthopaedic surgery division, Faculty of medicine, McGill University and of orthopaedic surgery department, McGill Health University Center.
Dr. Berry continued his studies with one year of overspecialization in surgery of the foot and ankle at the Royal National Orthopedic Hospital (University College of London), in London (UK) in 1997-1998.
He completed a second Fellowship in complex orthopaedic traumatology at the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (University of Toronto) in 2001-2002.
He is conducting several clinical and fundamental scientific studies, with financial support from numerous national and international organizations.
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC), 1991
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); 1992 update in 2012
- Certificate of Specialist in Orthopaedic Surgery, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, 1997
- Certificate of Specialist in orthopedic surgery, Collège des Médecins du Québec, 1997
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Provider and instructor, Montreal, Quebec, Canada; 2000 and updated in 2003, 2006, 2008
- Certificate of Registration, Independent Practice, The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario 2001