He graduated in 1999 from the Cegep de Baie Comeau in Nursing. He then immediately began his career in the operating block of the CHUQ's Pavillon Saint-François D' Assise. He settled in Montreal in 2001 when he was hired by the Jean-Talon Hospital as an operating block nurse. In 2002 he was an interim assistant head nurse during nearly 6 months. He then shortly after developed an interest in orthopaedics. In 2003 he was appointed as a head of specialized orthopaedics. He continued his graduate studies during this same period. He then graduated as a first assisting nurse of surgery (Infirmier premier assistant en chirurgie or IPAC) and continued his practice in orthopaedics. He left the Jean-Talon Hospital in 2008 to go to practice as an orthopaedic IPAC at the Verdun Hospital. At the end of 2006, he was approached by the team to set up the Clinique chirurgicale de Laval. Since the end of 2008 he is coordinating the clinic's activities on a full-time basis.
He has made orthopaedics his main career path. He has kept his knowledge up to date by taking part in various training courses and workshops, including :
- Mise à jour sur les déchirures ligamentaires du genou (Update on ligament tears in the knee) - Association d'orthopédie du Québec
- Course on shoulder arthroscopy: repair of the rotator cuffs and instabilities - Smith & Nephew
- 2008 Annual Convention of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, San Francisco, California
- Anesthésie et orthopédie Les défis actuels (Current challenges in anesthesia and orthopaedics - Association d'orthopédie du Québec
- Basic course on fracture management - AO ASIF
- Advanced course on fracture management - AO ASIF
- First Canadian LARS Symposium - Orthomedic
- Arthrex Surgical Skills Physician Assistant Course – Arthrex, Naples, Florida May 2016
- Observation of clinical cases of stem cell injection – Bluetail Medical Group, St-Louis, Missouri (Arthrex) January 2017
As soon as training is available, he hastens to register to learn more and be up to date.
- DEC in Nursing from the Cégep de Baie-Comeau (1999)
- Certificate in Perioperating Nursing from the Université de Trois-Rivières (First assisting nurse of surgery) (2008)
- Bachelor of Nursing from the University of Montreal (2008)
- Reprocessing of medical devices - Cégep St-Laurent (2016)