Born in Montreal, graduate of the University of Montreal in physiotherapy in 1977, graduated from McGill University's Faculty of Medicine in 1981.
Training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Montreal from 1982 to 1986. Fellowship in hand surgery specialty and microsurgery at the University of California at San Diego in 1988. University practice at the Sacré-Coeur hospital of Montreal as a qualified associate professor of surgery of the University of Montreal in the orthopaedic surgery program from 1989 to this day. Active member at the St-Eustache hospital from 1996 to this day.
Over 20 years of clinical expertise in sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow and wrist. Specialization in hand surgery, including microsurgery, with active participation at the Centre national de réimplantation du Québec from 2004 to 2006. Consultant for the Cirque du Soleil. Active member of the Canadian Orthopaedic Association and the Association d'Orthopédie du Québec.
Fields of practice dedicated to traumatology and upper limb reconstructive surgery. Involved in the development and organization of continuing education workshops for general practitioners, "front-line orthopaedic surgery", since 2000. Publication of scientific articles and book chapters on upper limb surgery.
- Certified, National Board of Medical Examiners, (NBME), 1982
- Instructor, ATLS, American College of Surgeons, 1985
- Certificat de spécialité en orthopédie (CSPQ) (Certificate of orthopaedic specialty), November 1986
- Certificate from the Royal College in orthopaedic surgery (FRCSC), November 1986
- Diploma from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS), July 1992 - recertification 2005
- Certificate of added qualification in hand surgery of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (CAQSH), August 1993 - recertification 2005
- Fellow of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (FAAOS), February 1994
- Diploma in Sports Medicine from the Canadian Academy of Sports Medicine (CASM), February 1996
- Certificate of ACLS provider (Provider of advanced care in cardiac resuscitation), November 2008